Tourist Visa for Medical Treatment
Purpose of visit: issued to persons wishing to enter the Thailand for medical treatment at hospitals/medical facility.
Validity of visa: The Validity of a visa is 3 months but may be up to 1 year depending on the duration of treatment as indicated in the supporting letter from the hospital in Thailand.
Period of stay: Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not more than 60 days to 90 days depending on the duration as indicated in the supporting letter from the hospital in Thailand.
Required Documents for Application
- Your actual Passport or Travel Document. (Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
- 1 copy of Passport or Travel Document (The page(s) shows your photo , name , date and place or birth and the expiration date of passport)
- 1 application form |Download HERE| (completed and signed by the applicant. Parents can sign for a minor).
- 2 photos (Passport photo, 2” x 2”, color, front-view, taken within 6 months, and write your name and last name on the back of each photo).
- 1 copy of U.S. green card or U.S. visa which permits applicant to reside legally in the U.S.
- 1 copy of airline ticket (confirmed onward ticket showing flights into and out of Thailand. Either paper ticket or confirmed e-ticket is acceptable. An Itinerary is NOT accepted. If applying for 2 entries, ticket must show 2 entries into Thailand.
- 1 copy of applicant’s recent bank statement (must show a balance of at least $500 per person, $1,000 per family) If the applicant does not have his/her own bank statement, you will need to submit an Affidavit of Support with the bank statement of the person who owns the account and thus supports the applicant. If using Online Bank Statement, it must show applicant’s name and balance.
- Visa processing fee: $35 per entry for duration of medical treatment (not more than 60 days- You will be issued an MT visa), or, for medical treatment more than 60 days, $65 (single entry) $175 (multiple entries) (you wil be issued a catagory O visa). The fee must be paid in the form of MONEY ORDER or CASHIER’S CHECK only payable to “ROYAL THAI CONSULATE GENERAL”. If an applicant wants to have their passport mailed back (rather than returning to pick it up), a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage (Recommend using USPS $18.30 Express mail or prepaid FedEx) must be included for the return of passport.
Additional Documentation by purpose of visit:
- Along with the documentation required above (Passport, photos, visa applications, copies of passport, airline tickets, etc.) please include:
- A Letter from the hospital in Thailand indicating medical purpose and duration of treatment.