Tourist Visa TR
Purpose of visit: To travel for tourism (pleasure) purposes (Category “TR”)
Validity of visa: The validity of visa is 3 months.
Period of stay: Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 60 days fbegining on the first date you arrive in Thailand.
Extension of stay: Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel (662) 287-3101 to 10 or at http://www.immigration.go.th
The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
Required Documents for Application
- Your actual Passport or Travel Document. (Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
- 1 copy of Passport or Travel Document (The page(s) shows your photo , name , date and place or birth and the expiration date of passport)
- 1 application form |Download HERE| (completed and signed by the applicant. Parents can sign for a minor).
- 2 photos (Passport photo, 2” x 2”, color, front-view, taken within 6 months, and write your name and last name on the back of each photo).
- 1 copy of U.S. green card or U.S. visa which permits applicant to reside legally in the U.S.
- 1 copy of airline ticket (confirmed onward ticket showing flights into and out of Thailand. Either paper ticket or confirmed e-ticket is acceptable. An Itinerary is NOT accepted. If applying for 2 entries, ticket must show 2 entries into Thailand.
- 1 copy of applicant’s recent bank statement (must show a balance of at least $500 per person, $1,000 per family) If the applicant does not have his/her own bank statement, you will need to submit an Affidavit of Support with the bank statement of the person who owns the account and thus supports the applicant. If using Online Bank Statement, it must show applicant’s name and balance.
- The visa of $35.*see note below (Up to two entries – No multiple entry) The fee must be paid in the form of MONEY ORDER or CASHIER’S CHECK only payable to “ROYAL THAI CONSULATE GENERAL”. If an applicant wants to have their passport mailed back (rather than returning to pick it up), a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage (Recommend using USPS $18.30 Express mail or prepaid FedEx) must be included for the return of passport.
Note: All foreign nationals who apply for Tourist Visa worldwide, including eligible foreigners who apply for visa on arrival at designated checkpoints, are exempted from visa fee From 11 May 2010 – 31 March 2011.